When going for a job interview as a web designer/developer, one of the areas where you may be tested is your knowledge of bootstrap. To prepare yourself for this interview, this is a list of some of the potential Bootstrap Interview Questions you should expect and the answers to such questions.
Top 10 Bootstrap Interview Questions and Answers
What is Bootstrap?
Some of its outstanding features include responsiveness, browser compatibility, easy to use, and open source.
What are the major Bootstrap components?
This could be the most basic but important Bootstrap interview question in the interviews. You must know the components and their details in order to answer to this question.
Bootstrap has some components that assist it to perform its function in web design. The major components of Bootstrap are:
- CSS: Bootstrap contains tons of Cascading Style Sheet for formatting text and others.
- Scaffolding: Bootstrap scaffolding is its basic structure that comes fully packed with a grid system, link styles, and background.
- Reusable Components: If you need reusable layout components, you can find a lot of them in Bootstrap.
- Customization: Bootstrap components can easily be customized to suit your needs.
Explain Bootstrap Grid System
Web pages are arranged in rows and columns. Bootstrap comes incorporated with a grid system that can be used by a developer for creating page layout in rows and columns for storing the content of a page. By using the increment in the size or viewport of the device, the layout can adjust to as much as 12 columns.
Bootstrap 3 is an improvement over the preceding Bootstrap versions. It comes with predefined grid classes that can be used for designing a wide variety of grid layouts for an array of devices such as desktops, mobiles, laptops, and tablets.
Also Read: Business Analyst Interview Questions and Answers 2017
What are Bootstrap’s Responsive Utility Classes?
These are responsive classes that are used to define the responsiveness of a web page when viewed on different screen sizes.
If you want to define the responsiveness, you can use some built-in responsive classes such as:
- .visible-xs-*: The elements of the page will only be visible on a small screen size that is less than 768px. The elements will be hidden on other devices.
- .visible-sm-*: This is used to define the visibility of elements on small devices, but that are still wider than or 768px. Other screen sizes won’t see the elements.
- .visible-md-*: The visibility of elements of medium-sized devices with a screen width equal to or greater than 992px is usually designed with this class. The elements remain invisible on other devices.
- .visible-lg-*: The elements defined with this class are visible on a large device with a screen width that is equal to or greater than Those elements are not visible on other devices.
What are Glyphicons in Bootstrap?
Glyphicons are icons used in Bootstrap to boost the attractiveness of a web page as well as serve as a shortcut to some menu. A Glyphicon is usually used in front of a text. Some notable Glyphicons are:
- Glyphicon-search: This is the icon for search. Clicking this Glyphicon will open the search box where you can enter your search query.
- Glyphicon-ok: This is the icon for accepting a command.
- Glyphicon-off: The icon can be used for switching off a program or something else as defined in the website.
- Glyphicon-download: Use this Glyphicon for downloading anything from the website.
- Glyphicon-zoom-in: The icon is designed for zooming in the content of a website.
Differentiate between responsive layout and fluid layout
These two different layout types in Bootstrap have some distinct differences. Responsive layout is specifically built on a non-fixing grid but a fluid one. To use a wide array of layouts for dissimilar screen sizes, CSS Media Queries are the tools to use. On the other hand, Fluid Layouts are built differently. They are built by using width percentages. They are so designed that elements will use up the same space on different screen sizes so that regardless of your screen size, it will appear in the same way as it appears on a smaller or bigger screen size.
Explain Bootstrap alerts
Bootstrap alerts are style messages that are specifically designed to give users different messages. They are used to provide feedback to users as messages in response to different user actions.
The common alert classes are .alert-info, .alert-success, .alert-danger, and .alert-warning. As indicated by their names, these alert classes are used for providing information to users, sending them messages after a successful operation, alerting them to potential danger, or sending out warning messages.
They are usually created through the <div> wrapper. Adding one of the four classes will complete the declaration.
What is a Modal Plugin?
A modal plug-in is a window (child) that is layered over another window that is considered as the parent window. The purpose of a modal window is to serve as the display container for content from another source so that it can interact with other content without leaving its parent window. Child windows can be used for interaction, information, or for some other purposes.
Check This Out Too: TCS Campus Gate Placement Question papers with answers 2017
How can you add a slider to a website?
You can add a slider to a website with Bootstrap carousel. This is a flexible and responsive technique for adding a slider to a site. This will make the content to enjoy much flexibility so that you can add images, videos, iframes, and any content of your choice to the site. This is one of the most important bootstrap interview questions that have been asked in many interviews. For coding help do check this link => https://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/bootstrap_carousel.asp
What is the function of the affix plugin?
This plug-in is used to make a <div> to be fixed to a specific location on a page. The object will be fixed on a specific location while you scroll the page. So, it will stop scrolling through the rest of the page.
These are the common bootstrap interview questions you can expect at an interview of front-end Website designing. Hope the responses would help you well to prepare for the interview.