Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is India’s leading IT outsourcing and service firm. Every person who is aspiring to work in IT field would like to join this reputed company, not only because it is the top but also life in this company is always dynamic, exciting, and amazing.
Recently the online TCS campus gate exam pattern has been changed and the latest one will be discussed in details. For TCS exam, the syllabus is almost similar to other IT companies like Cognizant, Infosys etc.
TCS conducts various off-campus exams across India all the year round for the aspiring candidates. Never imagined if you could successfully clear one of the rounds and you will succeed in the rest of the rounds? Consider every round seriously as you will be eliminated if you fail in any of those rounds. So, you should be prepared and work hard to appear for online TCS round.
TCS hires engineers from different parts of India two times a year by conducting an off-campus drive for freshers. It is not easy to clear off-campus drive. So, you need some tricks, tips, and some knowledge to crack the exam. Thousands of students appear for this exam with TCS placement papers.
Tata Consultancy Services is the leading IT player and has over 335,620 employees, as of August 2015. Most of the fresher engineering students need to be placed in this recognized organization. After interviewing several successful TCS exam pass outs, we have listed the tips to prepare for TCS off-campus exam.
Recommended reading: Cabin Crew Interview question and answers
- 1 Tips to Prepare for TCS Campus Gate Recruitment Drive
- 2 Number of Rounds in Selection process
- 3 Online Exam (Verbal and Analytical Ability)
- 4 Why Join TCS?
- 5 Placement Interview
- 6 Tips for TCS Placement test preparation
- 7 Tips for TCS Placement Interview
- 8 Conclusion
Tips to Prepare for TCS Campus Gate Recruitment Drive
- First of all, solve and study TCS aptitude question papers by R.S. Agrawal properly which is enough to crack TCS Off-Campus exam.
- Apart from Quantitative Aptitude, you should study verbal/non-verbal reasoning and logical reasoning. You need books from Disha, Arihant or any other publication.
- When you have solved Quantitative Aptitude by R S Agrawal, it’s time to solve Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma which is a complete package of TCS previous papers with solutions.
- Try to learn Tips and Tricks, shortcuts to solve the problem with TCS off campus placement papers as you have a limited time.
- Visit the websites where you can learn with experience from the students and share the questions from the top websites to prepare with TCS written test papers.
- For TCS email writing, you have to check some of the solved examples and do simple practice which will be shared on a link below. Email writing is the first aspect of TCS recruitment test to get the placement and it is super easy. To write an email, you will get 10 minutes. You will get some keywords to use email. Be sure to use all the keywords in an email. Also, make your email professional as per the needs and write an email with good vocabulary without any error.
- In TCS placement papers with solutions, some questions are repeated that are found in the websites.
- Before starting your TCS exam online, be sure to have the computer for you. If you don’t have a good computer system, you may not be qualified as you may face several issues.
- One month is enough to prepare for the exam if you are doing it with total dedication.
- Visit some online YouTube tutorials to solve the problems.
- Once you clear the TCS off-campus recruitment exam, you will find more opportunities for TCS. The process of interview is totally scripted if you have average or good communication skill as the question is very simple to answer in technical round. Just be confident and say what you know.
Recommended reading: CMWSSB Recruitment 2017 application details
Number of Rounds in Selection process
- Online Exam (Analytical and Verbal Ability)
- HR Round
- Technical Rounds
According to the number of candidates appearing for the test, rounds may vary –
Online Exam (Verbal and Analytical Ability)
Total duration is 90 minutes – 10 minutes for one question for verbal ability and rests 80 minutes for 30 questions in analytical ability.
Tip – Clear the instructions always as the rule is subject to change and it may add new restriction. So, get a quick look.
It includes email writing for up to 50 words. It won’t be evaluated if you don’t write up to 50 words. So, you should write up to 70 to 80 words and use outline words. It is not easy to crack verbal ability as the computer program will check your grammar, spelling, and vocabulary. So, it is better if you write emails in according to the outline phrases.
You will be disqualified if your accuracy is below 65 to 75 percent. So, it is important to have an accuracy of up to 80%.
This section includes 30 questions and time required is 80 minutes. Few questions have higher marks from the rest. For each wrong answer, it has minus marking of 1/3. So, don’t attempt the question which is not clear. In this section, you can look for any question. In analytical ability, here are the topics covered –
- Time and Work
- Number problems
- Logical question
- Combination and permutation
- Profit and loss
- Time, Speed, Distance
- Mensuration and Geometry
- Age problems
In this round, most of the questions are asked from the academics, about projects, details on your technical skills and communication skills. Here are some of the technical questions –
- Tell me about yourself
- Basic programming questions like database connection, find prime number etc.
- SQL and Database concepts like difference between DBMS and RDBMS and normalization
- Data structures, software developments etc.
- How you have contributed in project?
HR usually makes discussions about relocation and checks your communication skills. Here are some of the frequently asked questions –
- Tell me about yourself
- Why you applied for the job?
- Are you ready to relocate?
- Are you comfortable to work late night hours?
- Where do you expect to see yourself in the next 5 years?
If you are reading TCS latest placement papers and writing exams within few weeks to come, we wish you all the best for your exam. Keep in mind that there is no shortcut to success. It comes only to those who work hard.
Recommended reading: Blood relation questions in English
Why Join TCS?
Tata Consultancy Services is the largest software services company in India which is expected to make 25000 offers for campus placement with salary packages starting from Rs. 3 Lakh. When it comes to campus selection or trainee hiring, they start from the seventh semester onwards and they will be offering job to 25000 students. Students are expected to come on board by July. When it comes to this year, they initially started with 45000 as total hiring covers trainees and they revised and declared that they will do 5000 more. In total, they will do 50000. Hiring target is 50000 this year and they are much on track when this number goes and they will do the review again.
As off-campus would be for freshers, the environment these days are visiting several campuses which have come down and offers are not so many. For trainees, the starting range would be from Rs. 3.15 Lakh to Rs. 3.25 lakh per annum.
If a candidate passes the Psychometric test, he has to appear in the technical interview. In the technical round, candidates will have to face several questions from any subjects they have learned to date. The interviewers will also ask the questions from the project that a candidate has undergone. Next step is HR interview, you will have to describe yourself, why you want to join TCS and academic backgrounds. They will also ask questions related to hobbies as well as related questions.
Tips for TCS Placement test preparation
Written test will include the very general question. In the selection process, it is easiest of all. Candidates will want to refer to various aptitude books for competitive exams. The Psychometric test will include 150 questions to be answered in 30 minutes. When it comes to answering these questions, you have to be very honest. In this test, the basic nature of a student is evaluated.
Tips for TCS Placement Interview
If candidates go through such tests, next step is scoring well in the interview. Candidates should prepare in advance for it. They will face several technical questions. So, candidates should be prepared to answer such questions. Candidates should appear confident to answer to the judging panel. Ask some questions which will show that you are interested to the company if candidates have chance to ask the question. Finally, candidates will want to undergo HR round. Candidates should be prepared in role models, self-introductions, weaknesses and strengths etc.
We hope these tips will be helpful to clear the TCS recruitment exam. If you have some experience in the interview, share with us in the comment section, no matter whether you were selected.