Our generation never really bothered to check their emails before the world had to go online. Be it office work or just school, every official work is carried out through emails. Have you ever got an email from your boss or your teacher, and never knew what to reply to? What you should be sending them is a thank you email. This will certainly notch up your reputation for having good etiquette.
- 1 How Soon To Send Thank You Email After The Interview?
- 2 Do I Need To Send A Thank You Email After An Interview?
- 3 When To Send Thank You Email After The Interview?
- 4 Considerations While Sending A Thank You Email After The Interview?
- 5 How Long To Wait To Send Thank You Email After The Interview?
- 6 Thank You Email After The Interview – Subject Line
- 7 What To Include In A Thank You Email After The Interview?
- 8 Things Not To Include In A Thank You Mail
- 9 Some Samples On Thank You Mail That Might Help You
- 10 Conclusion
This stands true in the case of interviews too. Say, you went to an interview. You nailed it. You answered all the questions just right, dodged all the risky ones. Now you come back home all happy and wait for a call back. Well no. You are not done till you write the thank you note to the interviewer. Emailing is just the right blend of formal and informal and is perfect for the situation you are in.
How Soon To Send Thank You Email After The Interview?
After reading that email they sent you, you shouldn’t really wait much for sending a thank you email. After there is an interview, it will be best to send out the thank you email within 24 hours. Sending a thank-you email within 24 hours will solidify the fact that you have an interest in the job and will surely impress the interviewer more.
Although do not be too soon about it. It will be essential in keeping you on the mind of the interviewers as they interview other candidates for the job. In thinking too much about the process, do not be too hasty and forget to sound genuine.
So the answer to your question: How soon to send thank you email after the interview, you will not want to sound very eager, nor is it advisable to be too late and be the last interviewee to send in the thank you email. The best practice would be to send the email within 24 hours.
If it has already been 24 hours, you may be wondering whether sending a thank you note now will do more harm than good, then let us assure you it is better late than never but maybe attach a sorry postscript for being late.
When To Send Thank You Email After The Interview?
After coming back from the interview, the thank you email is a way of saying that you have acknowledged the interviewer and are interested in their offer. So send it as soon as possible and of course, within the time the interviewer stops calling in the candidates. Never shy away from sending one since your note may arrive just in time to make them consider you.
Considerations While Sending A Thank You Email After The Interview?
Framing the thank you note in the right way is really important. We spend a lot of time on our resume and our preparation of the answer to the questions. But what we should also consider are thank you emails. Here are a few things to keep in mind before writing a thank you email.
- If this is the first or the second round of the interview. Then it is advisable to keep the thing very short and simple. Just make it look like a quick follow-up.
- In case you want to make a long-lasting impression and stand out from the crowd of the other people interviewed, be more specific when you write your thank-you note. Mention things about the interview to make sure they understand that you paid heed to every detail. Don’t forget to mention again why you would be a really fit candidate for the job.
- If you are looking to get hired for a creative role, then add in a few ideas about something that would be really helpful to them. Show them that you are already thinking about the job.
- In the course of the interview if you have felt that there was some sort of elephant in the room, try to approach that in your thank you email and provide the interviewer with a suitable response.
- Close the interview with due respect and mention how much you look forward to working for and under the interviewer. Also don’t seem too keen but put your enthusiasm forward.
- The email you are writing should have a very clear subject line.
- Carefully review the things you have written in the email. Maybe ask someone else to review it so that they can make you aware if there has been any wrong tone anywhere in the email.
The most important thing to remember is to be positive in the email. Never express any of your negative opinions.
Thank You Email After The Interview – Subject Line
The subject line is one of the most important parts of your thank you email that demands special attention. A to-the-point subject line will put a great impression on the interviewers. Don’t let them get bored with your email. As the subject line will be the initial item your interviewers will notice, you are suggested to make it compact.
For example, you can write short phrases such as, “Thank you for your highly valuable time”, “Thanks for giving me a chance”, “It was great to meet you today”, “I am thankful that you gave me an opportunity”.
What To Include In A Thank You Email After The Interview?
If you are sincerely interested in a job and don’t want to lose it anyway, you must know the chief requirements of the thank you mail.
The primary things to include in a thank you mail are as follows:
Things Not To Include In A Thank You Mail
Mistakes are very common while you are under pressure. Sending a mail after an interview can put some amount of pressure on you. But you must keep in mind that the first impression is always the last impression. Therefore, you should never leave a scope where others can point out your mistakes.
Let us now discuss the common mistakes that most job seekers are found to make while writing an email after a job interview.
Some Samples On Thank You Mail That Might Help You
Thank You Email After the Phone Interview
Thank You Email After Final Interview
Seeking a job is not that difficult. But it can be difficult for you only if you don’t have a proper idea about the basic needs of an interview. The main thing is to thank you letter. Now that you know everything that you must include and you must not include in a thank you mail, follow the suggestions provided and grab the position.
All the best!!