Model castings can be very hard and strenuous. You require a lot of calm in your mind to be poised, look good and get the best snap in front of a camera. Attitude is not the only aspect that you need to be depending on. There are far bigger attributes that can affect your selection and hence you need to look in the depths. How to look smart? What kind of wear will be suitable for a casting interview. Why is it important to look a certain way for model casting interviews? These are some important things we will discuss.
- 1 What To Wear To A Modelling Audition Female?
- 2 What To Wear To An Open Casting Call For Extras?
- 3 What To Wear To A Modelling Audition For Males?
- 4 How To Wear Your Hair For A Modelling Audition?
- 5 What To Wear To A Model Fitting?
- 6 What NOT to Wear to a Model Casting?
- 7 Why is Confidence Important?
- 8 Final Say
What To Wear To A Modelling Audition Female?
Modeling auditions can be very well perceived as glamorous. But a lot of it is just myth and not truth. You should not go to one of your auditions decked up looking good. That will be a very bad mistake. Good as in wearing what brands put on their models during shoots. You would require a very professional dress. It should reveal your features and the designers or makeup artist can imagine How much work they would require to do on your body so that you can stand out as a very beautiful model:
Now let us look into your ‘look’ in an exhaustive manner:
What To Wear To An Open Casting Call For Extras?
The 101 rule to wear at a model casting is simple and sleek. You do not need to put on a lot of things to be very glammed up. You do not need to do a lot on your skin. The casting call just wants to see whether you are the right fit. Remember to do the following things:
- Simple upper wear: Wear a simple outfit. Do not wear any shirt or T-Shirt having logos. Think of it, you are going for a brand promo. You surely do not want to mess that up.
- Simple bottom wear: It’s preferable if you use skin-tight jeans as your outfit. It should fit you properly and stick to your skin. Lastly, you need to stick to denim. It also highlights your legs and makes you look professional.
- Legwear: See the legwear should be kept plain and simple. The best way to tackle it shall be to put on flat shoes. But you also need to walk in heels. You need to show off your height, it’s better to stand out. But do choose heels that you feel comfortable to walk in.
- A glimpse of assets: It’s important in the fashion industry that you look slim and beautiful. If you have a toned body you can give a glimpse of your assets through a short skirt or even simply your crop top. You can show off your flat/toned belly. These things matter a lot in the broad scheme of things.
How To Wear Your Hair For A Modelling Audition?
For a modelling audition, it is usually mentioned that you keep the hair as natural as possible. Use natural conditioners and shampoos and do not experiment with too many products with your hair. You can have curly, long and wavy, or straight hair. Every hair is beautiful. Just make sure that your hair is properly straightened and does not make it obvious that it’s covering your face. That can be extremely detrimental in the long run. Apart from that, there is not much to emphasize on the hair aspect.
What NOT to Wear to a Model Casting?
You can try on as many clothes as you want. But if for any reason you are not aware of where the line is: that’s a very big problem. Just like in every interview, do’s and don’ts work simultaneously. After a broad discussion on the do’s its time now we move on to the don’ts:
Just the opposite of what’s suitable for model casting is the not-so-suitable part. For your dress, the first thing to remember are these three primary elements: your clothes, your accessories, your makeup, and your body. Let’s understand them sequentially:
Why is Confidence Important?
Apart from that try to understand that models do need to walk, but how they walk and what they portray is through How they look? Just that we see people who look unhappy are often projected as unhappy. That’s true, so the idea of confidence and being sure about your body is an indispensable rather courageous act.
If you are a strong human and a proficient model you have to wear that confidence with your chin high. Do not be fearful and timid, rather be strong and understand that the more confident you are, there is more chance for you to do well in the walk. Models can be too judgemental of themselves considering How the world is obsessed with knowing the inner workings. A lot of people forget that the inner work bears the fruit of outer reflection. The modelling world can set beauty standards that might be daunting and soul-crushing, hence believe in yourself, you can and you will.
Model casting interviews can be scary and pretty volatile considering you will be judged totally on your looks and How groomed you are? This write-up covers a range of dos and don’ts for the interview. Do scroll a read.