Established by Dr. Hugh Francis Cleghorn (the founder of scientific forestry in India) as Madras Forest Department in 1855, the Tamil Nadu Forest Department is responsible for managing all the forests and conserved areas plus wildlife and environmental problems in the state of Tamil Nadu. The Tamil Nadu Forest Department is aimed to conserve ecosystem and biodiversity of wildlife and forest areas to ensure food and water security in the state.
The TN Forest Department is headed by the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (PCCF). The 5 Additional Principal Chief Conservators of Forests, Chief Wildlife Warden, and 8 Chief Conservators of Forests are operating under the PCCF headquartered at Panagal Maaligai, Saidapet, Chennai. The Deputy Conservator of Forests and Conservators of Forests assist all the Chief Conservators of Forests with all the specialized and regional responsibilities.
Under the Assistant Conservator of Forests, all the TN Forest Department officials are the graduates of Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy and Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration and the members of Indian Forest Services, allowed to use the IFS status after their name. The department currently has 9188 employees.
Recommended reading: TN Forest Dept Application 2017
- 1 TN Forest Department Recruitment 2017
- 2 Tamil Nadu Forest Department 2017 Recruitment – TN Forest Vacancies Application Form
- 3 Tamil Nadu Forest Department Recruitment Details
- 4Organization Tamil Nadu Forest DepartmentName of Examination Tamil Nadu JDO Exam 2017Name of Post Jr. DraughtsmanNumber of Posts 15Starting Date June 10, 2017Last DateJune 20, 2017Location Tamil NaduCategory Notification/RecruitmentOfficial Website www.forests.tn.nic.in
- 5 How to Apply?
- 6 Download TN Forest Department Recruitment 2017 Application Form PDF
TN Forest Department Recruitment 2017
Tamil Nadu Forest Department has invited applications to fill various vacant positions of Forester (TAFCORN and TNFD), Forest Guard, and Field Assistant. Interested candidates who are eligible for these posts can buy TN Forest Department Recruitment application form from the nearest post office in Tamil Nadu and submit the duly filled, self-attested form to the given address before the due date. For more details, candidates can visit the official portal www.forests.tn.nic.in.
Candidates can get all the important information about the vacancies, posts, age limit, pay scale, eligibility and application form from the official site. The Tamil Nadu Forest Department Recruitment 2017 notification has been released for several vacant seats and created a workforce to manage all the workload. Candidates should check the detailed notification before applying at Tamil Nadu Forest Recruitment 2017.
Recommended reading: Check out CMWSSB Vacancies and job info
Tamil Nadu Forest Department 2017 Recruitment – TN Forest Vacancies Application Form
Candidates can purchase application form from the nearest post offices in Tamil Nadu. Currently, candidates have to fill the application form with the information required and it should be filled accurately. Now paste your latest passport size photograph in the given space and sign at the end of the form. Now affix your latest passport sized photograph on the application form and send it to the following address –
Chief Post Master Anna Road HO
Chennai – 600002, India
Tamil Nadu Forest Department Recruitment Details
Organization Tamil Nadu Forest Department Name of Examination Tamil Nadu JDO Exam 2017 Name of Post Jr. Draughtsman Number of Posts 15 Starting Date June 10, 2017 Last Date June 20, 2017 Location Tamil Nadu Category Notification/Recruitment Official Website www.forests.tn.nic.in
Candidates should have Engineering degree from Civil or Mechanical stream from any institute or university affiliated by the University Grants Commission for its grant and hold the Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical or Civil) of College of Engineering, Guindy or passed in Sections A/B of A.M.I.E. (IND) exam in the given subjects with practical knowledge in General Engineering for the period of up to 1 year.
Strengths and properties of materials of Theory of structures and elementary structure (Papers A and B) under Section A – Hydraulics/Hydraulics Machinery, Sanitary, or Geology Engineering exams (f), (m), and (i) under section (b) or have obtained L.C.E. diploma under Technological Diploma Examination Board.
- Must have the Certificate issued by the College of Engineering, Guindy on completion of course dedicated to the post of Lower Subordinates for Draughtsman.
- Practical knowledge as an Assistant Draughtsman for 2 years.
Diploma of Draughtsman (Civil) from the National Council for Vocational Training, Government of India
The candidates having the diploma will be appointed only when the candidates having L.C.E. Diploma have not applied.
Age Limit (As on July 1, 2016)
Age limit of candidates should be between 18 to 30 years (for OC candidates), 18 to 32 years (for BC/MBC candidates), 18 to 35 years (for SC/ST/SCA candidates). Relaxation for candidates in upper age limit will be according to government rules. So, you are requested to check the official Tamil Nadu Forest Department Notification 2017 for more details.
Selected candidates will get the pay scale according to the post for which they will be shortlisted as an authority of Tamil Nadu Forest Department. They will get the best salary package ranging from Rs. 9300 to Rs. 34,800 with Grade Pay Rs. 4200.
Candidates are required to pay Rs. 60 as application fee and Rs. 260 as examination fee through Post.
The candidates will be selected based on the marks obtained in the Physical Test, Written Test, Personal Interview, and Medical Test.
The Tamil Nadu Forest Department job results will be announced on the official portal www.forests.tn.nic.in. So, desired candidates can see results on the official website.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of TN Forest Department – forests.tn.nic.in
- Search for the official advertisement to apply for the JDO posts in TN Forest Department.
- Read all the instructions carefully along with terms and conditions listed on its notification properly
- Check the eligibility criteria and fulfill all of them listed in the official notification.
- If a candidate has eligibility for the forest jobs, they can apply for the posts.
- Attach scanned documents as well as certificate copies and submit the same with the application from before the last date.
- Send the duly filled application form to the following postal address –
Chennai Forest Park,
3rd Floor, TMS Campus,
Chennai – 600 006
You can send the application form by Speed Post or Registered Post by 20 June 2017 with envelope superscribed by “Application for the Post of…..”
Tentative Dates for Tamil Nadu Forest Department Jr. Draughtsman Officer 2017 Recruitment –
- Starting Date – 1 June 2017
- Last Date for submission – 20 June 2017
Recommended reading: Blood relation questions and answers
Download TN Forest Department Recruitment 2017 Application Form PDF
Download Application Form DOC Here