Glasses help a candidate to stand out in an interview. It makes a person smart and establishes them as the stereotypical nerd or geek in front of the panel. As you know, the job market is getting saturated and is in constant competing mode. Anyone who has an edge over you will bag the job. Hence, public perception and playing to the stereotypes can take you further and get a job.
- 1 Should I Wear Glasses To An Interview?
- 2 Reasons to Wear Glasses to An Interview
- 3 Do Glasses look Professional?
- 4 Should I Wear Glasses to An Interview Even Though I Don’t Need Them?
- 5 Tips to Wear Glasses During an Interview
- 6 Should I Wear Fake Glasses To An Interview?
- 7 Should I Wear Glasses or Contacts For an Interview?
- 8 Will Wearing Glasses Make You Look Smarter?
- 9 Final Say on Wearing Glasses to An Interview
Though these ideas are not just hearsay, scientific studies have suggested that certain traits make a person look hardworking. And these traits then become stereotypes so, employers validate that by any similarity that you have with a stereotypical nerd. Let us know more about it in this writeup:
Should I Wear Glasses To An Interview?
Glasses can play a big factor in you getting a job. There is scientific data and trials based on human behaviour and stereotypes of interviewers. When a person wears glasses, people around them tend to behave differently. Moreover, these stereotypical notions are the same. Some think you are smarter, hardworking, diligent, and intelligent if you put on your glass.
Do Glasses look Professional?
Glasses have many stereotypes that are often part of the mainstream job market. Due to this, wearing glasses increases the chance of getting hired in a multifold manner. It brings out assumptions that wearing glasses shows a person to be intelligent, hardworking, and honest. The idea of glasses became associated with a typical boy who is not enjoying his life and is eager to read and not play. He spends an ample amount of time with books and that seeps into the interviewer’s mindset. It can be making you professional in terms of these stereotypes.
Tips to Wear Glasses During an Interview
Glasses are a great add-on to your profile and it goes a long way in establishing some perceptions about you. But you need to know what type of glasses you require. Do glasses help a person in certain interviews, if so then How do you manage them and How do you go about wearing them?
- Glasses are a great add-on for a job but make sure that the glasses have a formal coloured frame. After all, an interview is where professional discussions take place. For some reason, if they get distracted by sharp colours emanating from your Frame that can hinder your chance of being recruited.
- Try to match your glass frame with the attire. This is important since office-going colours need to be there in the frame. You can get square or round glass depending on your use. You have to compliment your glass colours with the plain formal colours that you are wearing.
- If you are wearing glasses to further your perception of being good, then avoid wearing fake glasses. At Least do not use glasses of brands that are not that well reputed or do not have a firm standing on the market.
- While wearing glasses is great and it helps your case. But what if the person at the opposite end who is interviewing knows you and you get caught wearing glasses in an interview? He knows that you do not have any ocular problems. Rather you are just wearing it to look smart. These kinds of problems might happen. So do a bit of research on the company. If the same panel interviews for the department you have applied to if you find someone that knows the panel, ask them your query on fake glasses.
- Always go for office frames, it helps in bringing out the professional nature and good in terms of forming a perception.
Should I Wear Fake Glasses To An Interview?
Unfortunately, the people around us are conspirators and do not know How to unwire themselves of perceptions. But in the same manner, there is a minority who values truth and they can see through you. So let us understand How this tussle of whether to wear a fake glass unfolds.
- Wearing a fake glass is a plus point if you are applying for a white collared service-based job. If you need some amount of logical and comprehensive competency wearing fake glass gives you an edge.
- On the other hand, if a person applies for a job that requires car washing, repairing, construction, tools, heavy industry, manufacturing, semiconductor, technician, and tool building then they are advised to not wear the glasses. Even people who normally wear glasses for legitimate reasons will not be preferred as people might presume that their eyesight is weak and hence there is a greater chance of them not being able to do the work.
- Comfort is another factor that you need to keep in mind. Are you wearing it for the first time? Then you need to check whether wearing glasses is causing you comfort or not. If during an interview you find your head sweaty, your eyes not able to see because of the frame. It can simply mean you should not wear fake glasses.
- Even if you wear fake glasses as you want the interviewers to take you seriously. It shall be better if you get it from a good brand. The good brand tag does wonders making it more reliable.
Will Wearing Glasses Make You Look Smarter?
Wearing glasses can make people perceive you as a smart teenager. But that’s just one piece of your attire. If you wear different bright colours, and graphics on your tees and wear sandals and go with shorts, the interviewer will reject you. Glasses can only make you smarter if you put an effort into combining the right colours and dress.
So, smarter can only depend on how much you work on every aspect of your interview dress. Like slip-toed, sandals, loafers and open-toed footwear is not at all acceptable in many companies. The mandatorily required attire however is a simple formal shirt and formal pants. Add a formal suit to the combo.
Final Say on Wearing Glasses to An Interview
Glasses do add to people’s perception of your increased smartness, hardworking nature, and integrity. Glasses make you look professional as well as smarter. But before putting on a pair of glasses blindly you need to know the tricks to wearing glasses during an interview. For many people, a dilemma exists in using glasses or contacts for an interview.
As said above, it depends on your comfort, convenience, and medical requirement; given that you have been subscribed to both. This article also explores the issue of Fake glasses and whether they are credible interview attire for people who are not prescribed glasses.